I moved to a new place and my credit card is going to expire soon and I use credit card for almost everything online and offline – both. So, I needed the address proof to update my mailing address on my credit card provider’s app/website before my credit card expires and my bank ships a new credit card.
This post will help you quickly update address on your Aadhar card online using the browser on desktop or laptop. You can also install apps from play store for Android and iOS too. But I am using my desktop web browser, specifically Google chrome.
Documents Required for Aadhar Update
Things you need before you start, credit/debit card to make payment, and your original document snapped copy.
I use android app to scan my documents, PhotoScan by Google.
Also you must have your mobile number linked to your Aadhar to login to Aadhar website and update your details.
A Quick Intro….
The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) provides a variety of online Aadhaar services, such as phone number and address changes, name updates, update status check and more. This post will walk you through the Aadhaar update process online on the website but there is an app too, that you can install on your mobile from the play store .
If you’ve moved to a new address or the address printed on your Aadhaar is incorrect, you can update it online. Launch your preferred web-browser and follow the steps below. To update aadhar online you must have your cell/mobile number linked to aadhar to get OTP to login, if not – visit nearest update center to update mobile and address on your aadhar, there would be a charge to update the data and you might have to stand in the queue for your turn.
- Visit: https://uidai.gov.in/
- Hover over the “My Aadhar” tab on the left, if you are using a desktop/laptop.
- Under the second column “Update Your Aadhar”
- Click “Update Demographics Data & Check Status”
- Click “OK”
- On the new tag, click Login
- Enter OTP received on you mobile/cell phone
- Click “Update Aadhar Online” card
- Click “Proceed to Update Aadhar” – here you can read the how it works steps to learn about the charges.
- Now you can select fields from the options to update, you can select more than one field.
- I’ll select Address
- Click “Proceed to Update Aadhar”
- Fill in your current address
- Select the supporting document from the options
- Scan your copies and upload – if multiple image – create pdf and upload – else upload jpg/jpeg
- Preview your address and documents
- Make the payment
- You are done.