This post will help install latest version of WordPress on your Desktop and Laptop using Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10. There are few software requirements for installing WordPress locally. You need to have PHP 7.x, MySQL, and Web Server like Apache or NGINX.
Install PHP, MySQL, Apache for WordPress
There are a few options when it comes to installing php, MySQL, and Apache, the simplest one is XAMPP, which open source and cross platform. XAMPP comes with control panel that makes managing services easy from one centralized window.
If you come across any issue while downloading and installing XAMPP on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, please watch this quick video tutorial.
Download & Install WordPress
To download latest version of WordPress, click here. This link downloads latest verion of WordPress from https://wordpress.org/latest.zip
- Download Latest Version of WordPress
- Unzip the WordPress download
- Open htdocs folder from xampp folder
- Copy and Paste extracted WordPress into htdocs
- Rename the WordPress folder in htdocs
- Launch browser, go to localhost/phpmyadmin
- Create a database for WordPress installation
- Open localhost/wp_folder_name in a new browser tag
- Click ‘Let’s go’
- Fill the database credentials
- Create your admin profile
- Click Install
- Login to admin area/dashboard at localhost/wp_folder_name/wp-admin
- Enter your admin username and password, and click LOGIN
Watch me install WordPress with XAMPP server on my Windows 10 Desktop, if you face any issue while installing WordPress on Windows 10.