NOTE: if you already have a WindowsUpdate/AU folder then you don’t need to create this folder again under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows.
Here are the steps:
- Click on Start menu or Search then type regedit then press enter.
- Navigate to the following path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows
- Right click the Windows (folder) key, select the New submenu, and choose the Key option.
- Name the new key WindowsUpdate and press Enter.
- Right click the newly created key (WindowsUpdate) and choose Key option.
- Name the new key AU and press Enter.
- Right click the AU key, select the new submenu and choose DWORD (32-bit) Value option.
- Name the new key NoAutoUpdate and press Enter.
- Double click NoAutoUpdate and change its value from 0 to 1 then click OK.
The settings and menu that we created on the registry is to set your Windows to stop Auto updates on your device. You just need to restart your device for the changes to take full effect and that’s it! Your device will no longer do auto updates until you revert the steps that we did!